Hey peeps.
We've all switched wagons; from 2004 to 2005.
I know I have been real slow in posting about the tsunami hit that devastated so many many living, made so many many unexpected deaths.
Those who know me can be sure to tell you that I am not one who is particularly fast with the real-time affairs. So pls forgive me.
It's only just last night that I realised that my good fren Ivan was to be in Phuket for the countdown or something. *flashback*
I was watching the news with my dad when it happened, and i remember telling him how unfortunate if i were to have a fren who's caught in the Tsunami.
Then, I realised a certain msn from a close fren, telling me of his excitement in looking forward to the countdown party in Phuket.
Oh NO!!!
Of cos being the scaredy cat I am, I called up my best fren XH to make sure I didn't remember wrongly.
"huh? i don't think it's at phuket, the place he went." went the steady and calm reply of Miss XH.
*whew*
"but maybe u should call him to be sure."
"WAT?!"
That totally freaked me out.
I had to ultimately resort to calling him, risking the inevitable scolding i would get if he happens to be well, and the curse for incurring his auto-roaming bills..... That's not the main point!!
So I rang, he picked up and told me he was in Taipei instead.
so tt's the story.
Hah. kinda low-climate right?? haw, hee-haw...
oh.. wat was i at, in the first place??
Oh yes... tt I'm all slow and silly when it comes to real-time news..
Sorry about that again.
Anyways, just to greet pple in brand-new year,
I personally have to emphasize the fact tat we shouldn't be associating year 2005 with the terrible deeds of the TSUNAMI.
The pple who are unaffected: pls do yr bit to help. Donate if possible. but do not donate yr old clothings as the freight costs of these things will make it even harder for the volunteers to do their thang.
And to the pple affected: pls try yr best and recover from your plights. I know i havent the right to say this, but i really hope for yr recoveries.
Don't spend the time that was returned to you, dwelling on what had already happened.
Live 2005 like it's a new life!
The world is ultimately made up of pple who have more hearts inside than what can be seen.
Happy happy new year!!
May 2005 bring good tidings to all.
1 則留言:
My dear
When you were worried about your dear fren ivan being in phuket and all huh
The tsunami has already occured like 3 days liao...
Maybe you were just worried bout the after effects eh??
Anyways he was aware of it before he went off
Thus no worries since he's ALREADY back and prepared to give us some pressies!!! Yeah!!
AND last thing
I'm sure ppl will nvr ever relate the Tsunami and 2005 together...
Wanna know why?
Cuuuuuuuuzzzz........
It happened on boxing day....
One day after Christmas...
2004??
Hahaaa....
More like a big bang for the year end 2004 la..
Alamak sia you
That's how slow this girl can be huh...??
Anyways
Ppl out there do donate more money for this cause though
(I meant the disaster it had resulted & not the gal hor...)
Even if it's a few dollars it still counts ya?
Just be aware of those illegitimate donation drive trying to con the kindness of ppl...
~Ciao
張貼留言