星期五, 4月 22, 2005

A Long break indeed

Hi folks.
I haven really the time to update. Seriously. and I do think I got to type alittle something here. to prevent Blogger from kicking me out... hah.

Anyways, Since I haven really the time to write. And plus I have been doing some stories for the Sims Stories, I suppose I can actually copy and paste my stories here. Should be a whole lot better than the empty blog that I had been having for the past few months.

Even if you guys don't miss me, I'm sure my blog misses me. HAHA...

Be sure to keep in mind. these stories are merely written for fun. Don't take me seriously. I'm no writer.

In the meantime. Enjoy if possible.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

All I Need is Love

Ah, the Pleasantville as I remembered... A peaceful and pleasant town, with the many residents, so devotedly complying the traditions and rules set by the super power of the town, Landon Tannery (Bank of Pleasantville owner).

Landon Tannery as the top man in the finance of Pleasantville ruled the town with that kind smile and yet a firm iron hand. Everyone in Pleasantville looks up to him as the saviour of the town when Mortimer Goth had once lost control of the town, since the day he lost his beloved wife, Bella Goth.

My name is Jasmine Tannery, and as my name tells, Landon Tannery is my respectful father whom I love and respect very much. I am the only child in the Tannery family, and everyone in the town has shown me the same respect as what they have to my father.

I used to think that I have the most wonderful and blessed life even without my mother as she passed away when I was born. My father though the busiest man in Pleasantville, had always managed time to devote some quality time with me, and for that I love him dearly.
One principle that I really looked up to my father for was that he respected whatever decision I made be it good or bad, and that he would always be there to listen to the outcomes of every decision. And also the fact that there was no lacking in money or anything material.

There was also, Maria McIntyre our housekeeper and her adopted son, Marcus McIntyre whom she had found on the streets when he was only 5. Marcus and I had became great friends from the moment I gave him my birthday chocolate on that faithful day he was brought in, cold and wet from the rain.

My father had no wants of denying this young boy his education and his possible future, and had him enrolled in the same private school as I have had. We studied together, played together and even laughed at the same silly things that Marie and my father had scratched their heads upon. And all I wanted was for this life to continue on for as long as possible.

Changes slowly crept in when I had my 12th birthday. I realized that my father was in love when he brought home a beautiful woman that day, as he never did that after my mother. I was truly happy for him and wished him well, for he had been a lonely bachelor with a kid daughter all these years and it was high time he found someone new.

Edna, a beautiful woman of twenty, had just moved in from Verona Ville. She started working at my father’s bank and had inched her way into his heart in a record of merely 2 months. My father had made it clear to her that she’ll have to accept me, and she did, with an unquestioning smile, treating me, as I was her own. I was so happy as I was to have a new mother. My happy family is finally complete!

That dream ended the day my father collapsed and died from a heart attack and the ownership of the bank was transferred to Edna’s hands, as he had not drawn up a will as Edna claimed. She changed drastically the moment she had ownership of everything my father had owned and my life she started to meddle and ruin…

Everything that she had inherited from my father, every penny to my life, she said she had every right to choose what she wants to do with. I was only 13 then, and I will only get my life back when I am of age. Fortunately for me, my father had already drawn up a whole educational path for me, to complete high school and go on to tertiary level in Sims State University. He had even placed payments for my dorm in university, and a good sum of study grants for me in advance. So all I was waiting for at that time, was to complete high school as soon as possible and move into a dorm in Sims University so I can get as far away from Edna. Maria and Marcus were the only two reasons I stayed for.

Maria my favourite housekeeper/nanny was by then very near death. Marcus and I knew of her nearing death and had been trying to lessen her chores in every other way. But Edna thought that being the housekeeper of the Tannery Mansion, it was her duty to fulfill everything that was ordered of her by the Tannery mistress, even with Remington the new hired help (as all he does everyday was to go up to her bedroom). Hence, Marcus and I had developed a hateful relationship with her by trying to rebel against her rule together.

But my high school years had just begun with me turning into a teenager, exposed to the teenage woes and acne that came with that age phrase. Edna was not as bad as the stepmothers from the Fairytales I read in my childhood days. She didn’t lock me up in the attic or basement and made me do the house chores all day long as in Cinderella’s case. Neither did she try and kill me with a poison apple like the queen did to Snow White. In fact, she did pay for my necessities, and also attend my school’s parent board meetings.

I knew she still had a reputation to keep up with in Pleasantville and had kept me looking good to show the townspeople that she haven’t been ill-treating her step-daughter. But what I could not stand of her was that she had turned into a hussy the very next day of my father’s death, and had been flirting and sleeping around with many men, mostly young and good-looking ones, and that includes the new help she recently hired to rid the house of vermin, Robi. It often made me wonder if she had married my father because she actually loved him or his money.

Maria eventually left us in the middle of Edna’s many chores, and was cleaning the bathrooms while we were in school. We hated Edna for not letting her rest her final moments and have her collapse and die in the bathroom. Marcus was no longer able to keep his contempt for her when he sees her. I was afraid that he might do something rash and get himself into trouble with Edna; hence I tried to keep them away from one another.

Now that there was only Edna, Marcus and me living in the Tannery Mansion, I turned to Marcus at every occasion for comfort and our relationship grew to a point where we became very much in love.

Edna hated the fact that her stepdaughter was going out with a “hired” (as she called Marcus, totally disregarding the fact that she was sleeping with a hired herself). Plus the fact that Marcus was a main source of rebellion within the household didn’t help us to stay together.

And one day, Marcus just disappeared from the house, from Pleasantville, and from my life… I was utterly devastated, and I could not eat or sleep, or think of anything else other than him. Why did he leave me so alone? There was nothing else that really mattered to me in this house than him, since the death of my father and Marie. Was he so disturbed about Maria’s death to the point that he actually left me alone to fend against Edna??

My life felt like it had ended just like that, and I was crying to sleep every single night. Edna even came and make sarcastic remarks on “our true love” which turned out to be a mere “puppy love” where the boy runs off without a fight, leaving the girl to fend for herself. Resentment kept building up, and I started to hate both Edna and Marcus with intensity.

Finally my high school life ended and I was going to college, and away from her. It was not much of a freedom move, as I still had to report to her of everything in college and my life, like the crowd I mixed with (she was really concerned of her reputation as my stepmother), and that I had to return to the Tannery Mansion right after college. But at least I can forget my painful past for a while and have a new life in Sims State University.

My father hadn’t made a specific location for a residence or dorm, and though there was enough money for a whole residence to myself, I wanted to stay in a dorm to experience living with people, rather than stay alone. I might be too lonely and end up remembering of the bad memories. Hence, I decided to move into a small dorm by the University Lounge.

It was a 5-room dorm that came equipped with a tiny cafeteria, a cafeteria worker who took care of the meals, a small room for study and fun, and a small area with a cheap canvas for students to paint and a tiny hi-fi for students to dance and socialize. There were small little cubicles for male and female bathrooms too. Everything there was tiny and more practical than luxurious as compared to my house in Pleasantville. But I loved every bit of it. The students buzzing in and out and the fun factor were constantly up.

Initially, I had a hard time adjusting learning to operate all those appliances on my own and had difficulty making new friends. But after my first semester of being a freshman, I made several good friends with no mention of my family name. I was then known as Jasmine Tanner instead. I was so happy there, without the reminder of my past, other than the occasional calls in secret to Edna.

In my sophomore year, I even made some friends from the Sorority, and they asked me to join them at their Tri-Var House, which was supposed to be the most prestigious Sorority House in Sims State Uni. Thus, I joined the sisterhood, as I wanted a closer bond with these girls who are so fun and loving as sisters.

Turns out that being in Tri-Var entitles one to be more acquainted with the guys of Orele Ursha, which is a prestige as my sisters tell me. One sister, Tiffany recently got engaged to one of the Orele Ursha guys! I didn’t think I’m ready for another relationship after Marcus, but Heather told me that I should let loose, stop thinking of that heartbreaker jerk and start enjoying what College life have to offer. “You HAVE to meet these guys! They are totally of a different league, especially now when there’s a new yummy addition to that Frat house…”

I suppose I should forget about my past as I had promised myself. No point crying over what had happened in the past. So I actually agreed to go down to the University Lounge with my sisters to meet up with those Frat guys.

“Woah…. The band has just started playing… Oh my god… It’s that new yummy addition... Marcus!” Squealed Heather excitedly. A chill went down my spine upon hearing that name. Marcus. No. It can’t be. Could be another guy having the same name…

I turned and stare expectantly at the band. A generally cute group of guys playing music together. No Marcus. I heaved a sigh of relief.

Then my spine had a tingling feeling again. I turned and stare once again, this time focusing on the back of the band, specifically at the drummer.
And there he was.

That same blond hair underneath that red bandanna, those familiar blue-green eyes which had once held my soul and heart, that face, both handsome and rugged, still able to send flutters into my stomach. Only that he looked more rebellious and obnoxious than ever, with that playful grin tugging at the corner of his lips.

Marcus…

~ End of All I Need Is Love Part I ~
Will Jasmine ever forgive Marcus for leaving her?
Will Edna continue to make life difficult for everyone?
What will happen to the couple and Pleasantville?

P.S:
It's alot easier to write using names i know.
And dun laugh when u read it.

1 則留言:

Jas 提到...

thanks for the compliment.
:)
but i dun suppose i can just be a professional writer just because i want to...
muz get more experience and exposure and be better in the language itself first...
haix. striving to that goal...