All I Need Is Love II
That same blond hair underneath that red bandanna, those familiar blue-green eyes which had once held my soul and heart, that face, both handsome and rugged, still able to send flutters into my stomach. Only that he looked more rebellious and obnoxious than ever, with that playful grin tugging at the corner of his lips.
Marcus…
…..
….
…
The Love of my life who ran away, leaving me to fend for myself…
That realization jolted me up, and I found myself on a small bed, in a room befitting our college’s Sick Bay. I looked around dazed; trying to recall what had happened earlier that landed me in the sick bay… University Lounge… Heather… Band… … MARCUS! I remembered seeing his face. The image was too vivid to be false. Could it be a dream that I saw him in?
At that moment, Heather came in with a glass of warm water, and rushed to my side once she saw that I was awake. “Are you alright? You scared the hell out of me!” She fawned over me. “I’m alright Heath, don’t worry. I just had a bad dream of seeing that guy who broke my heart. But thank goodness it was just a dream…” My words trailed off as I spotted a figure strolling into the room.
“Oh, you’re alright now. Good. I must have sounded so horrendous playing drums that you blacked out in an instant!” He grinned infectiously at me, while he playfully winked at Heather.
I stared at him as he leisurely found himself a place beside my bed. I was speechless. It really was Marcus! I weren’t dreaming!
Then realization turned to anger. Why am I so happy to see him? This guy is the one who trampled all over my heart and left the scattered pieces for me to pick up on my own. I could still feel the shadow of betrayal within me…
“What are you doing here?!” I got up from the bed and turned on him, angry that I had been more elated than unhappy to see him. “What do you want now?! Here to gloat at me?”
“Whoa… Cool it little lady… I really wasn’t expecting my drumming to be that bad… I’ll apologize for it now. I’m sorry.” He seemed overly surprised by my sudden outburst. Too surprised however, like he have no idea of what he did to me other than my fainting at his gig.
I felt my face flushing to the roots of my hair. How dare he make me sound like a child demanding something when he himself had left me in the middle of our relationship? “I’m not talking about the fainting part in the university lounge. But you should know what I’m talking about, Marcus McIntyre!”
“U got my name right the first half, but sorry missy, u got the wrong second half… The names Montgomery. Marcus Montgomery.” He made a James Bond face, and then looked serious again. “I don’t know what problems you had with this McIntyre, but I sure aren’t him. Sorry if my appearance had caused you your mood. I really hope we can start a better first impression without the reminder of what had happened.”
I stared up at him in disbelief as he held out his right hand. How could this guy look so much like Marcus McIntyre but turn out to be another person?! I was about to walk away from him, but Heather grabbed my right hand and put it in his, and gave me an imploring look. I could not help but relent as I introduced myself.
“Jasmine Tanner.” I deliberately used the name that everyone there knew me as, instead of my true family name. Well, I sure could ignore him all the way if he wanted to act ignorant. It wouldn’t be too difficult, right?
Little did I know that it wasn’t as easy as I thought it was. With Heather sweet on Marcus, and the rest of my sorority sisters sweet on the rest of the frat guys in Orele Ursha, that irritating being was here every other day that one would have thought he stayed here permanently.
This Marcus whom I see around so often had absolutely no decency of covering up his upper torso with clothes, which he always bared, showing his outrageous tattoos that always gets the girls swooning over him. That Arrogant Jerk.
Whenever he was to come over, Heather would be in a tip-top mood, and hence being my hint of who was to arrive, I made plans of leaving the house, or locking myself in my room beforehand.
I tried to avoid him for as long as I could, wanting no part of revoking my sad memories, till one day when no one else was at home, while I was practicing the piano when he suddenly walked in. I tried to leave the room before he did come close to me, but he had run over and held me firmly before I attempted so.
“Dammit Jasmine, look at me! Am I so ugly that you have to leave the room the instant I walked in? Or so much so that you have to avoid me at all costs? ‘Cos this has been all you have been doing the past 2 months. At least tell me what I had done to deserve this before you walk away from me once again, will you?” He hollered at me with fierce emotions.
Caught unaware, I was shocked by his emotional outburst, and for a split second, didn’t know what to feel. Then remembrance of Marcus and I sharing our first kiss, and me bawling my heart out, gushed into the mind, causing a hot and searing feeling on the areas he was holding me at.
“Why did you run off and leave me so alone? Why did you have to make me so miserable just when I was so happily in love with you? Why do you have to come back in my life now that I have picked up my shattered pieces and started living? Why couldn’t have you just left and never come back? Why do I still want you after all these years??” I couldn’t hold all my feelings back any longer. All the anguish and longing that I had felt throughout all these years just rushed out, choking me up.
He was taken back by the feelings I had displayed and the persisting questions, which he seemed confused about. I couldn’t seem to tell the difference between Marcus McIntyre and Marcus Montgomery any longer. It was he, the guy I had fallen in love with at 15, the guy I grew up with, the man who left me, the man of my dreams…
As I stared up at him with my eyes brimming with tears, my head felt like it was spinning non-stop. Whispers of the past we had rustled about my ears, and my mind was filled with memories I had so carefully tucked in my sub-consciousness. Old promises and loving affections left behind now coming back to haunt me all at once.
Then, for the second time in my life, I blacked out in front of him again…
沒有留言:
張貼留言