Fri was my company TOSHIBA's Dinner and Dance and I do have some pictures to prove it.
Here's one.

No.. It's not photoshopped. It's a Bloody Polaroid for goodness sake...
Good to know that I can look passably pleasant in pictures... It's been a long while... (that's Maggie btw, a colleague and a fellow DnD Committee member. yes. so m I.)
Yes... Fatty deposits at the arms and the tummy. I know i shldn't even point out. but my vampy gals esp a certain XH will be damn quick to point them out.. so... to save me from tat fate, I'll do the pointing out myself.
One more thing.
I have no waist. Tat's like a slap in the face esp when I usually spend my precious time with the gals, bitching about other gals who have no waist... SHIT.
The truth is out to get you.
Back to the DnD posting.
Fun? well, i had some la. but not as much as expected.
1st things 1st.
It was sweltering hot and I was constantly mobbed by the ladies of TOSHIBA in their attempts to change the design or color of their door-gift Sarong. ARGH.
I was doing the reception where all the ladies attending the function had to go thru me; register, put in their name for lucky draw and collect their sarongs. I shld have done the guys reception right? haix. more chances to check out if there're actually any cuties existing in the TOS. I feel I'm so deprived at my office branch. NOt a single cutie in sight even as i glance around the open-concepted place. haix.
There were many ladies whom i haven't seen before. And all of whom demanded changes to their sarong... DAmn irritating... Ggrrrr... Shitty that I'm one softie. Everyone attempts to push me ard.
Did I mention that the DnD was at Bloody Sentosa? ok, erase bloody.
It's at Sapphire hall. one of the newly built open air ballroom with shelter over the heads. but bloody hot for a humid sunset. I was wishing it'll rain. At least then, we wouldn't be having hair that had been painstakingly arranged only to be plastered with sweat on the ladies faces and men with drenching wet hawaiian shirts on top of their white singlets. EEeeeuu... GROSS huh.
Nothing to say about the catered buffet except the fact that it sucked.
Basically, the whole event theme was Latino. Hmm...
how does hawaiian shirts and sarongs fit in there u ask?
How should i know? I weren't the one who organised this whole thingy. jus assisted with the invitation and reception stuffs... Not me, I swear.
The night was literally hot and sweaty, both physically and mentally, considering the fact that the lecherous HR manager Mr Toh dunno wat asked for hot young nymphos to perform at the event. Yes. the Tequila girls.

No. not the centre one. tat's my fellow committee member.
I'm talking about the two by the sides. yes. They may look a tad slutty. but no. I have to say they are pretty fun n nice pple. esp the golden girl. she's especially sporting. Yoohoo for the male libido!! Look at the two hawaiian boys behind... they were staring at the girls but pretended to heck care... HAH. my ass.
We were split into two grps, the Rumba & the Samba. And thus the competitive games commenced. Choose the hottest sexiest woman to strut to the sensual music on stage, choose the best shopaholic for a mini scavenger hunt on stage (?), and best party rave group, etc.
Anyways, there was these two women (not young enuf to be gals), irritatingly drunk, irritating that it was embarassing as a fellow female. They participated in that hottest sexiest woman thingy and they started to strip down to their bikinis. *GROAN* oh. gross. If i had brought my camera, I would have pictures to show. Paiseh. I saved you all from that tainting sight. Thank me.
God. Just recalling the scene makes that blue bikini on that lumpy body etched into my mind... *shivers*
The next game, that shopping for items thingy, she had volunteered herself again. shit. and she represented my group Samba btw. We nearly lost becoz of her drunken stupor. if it wasn't for those brave young men running up to her with every item required and the last few items which were daringly weird like bra (her fren took hers off and cupped her breasts in place) n underwear (those guys surrounded one of them with sarong ON STAGE while he took his off) which the same pple unabashedly took off without hesitation, I m very sure we would have lost. The most peeving thing about her was that when she had gotten the required item, instead of placing it in the designated place and sitting down promptly, she was waving it ard in the air and dancing about, enabling the opposing team's shopper to finish their task faster. Really made all our blood boil...
The rest of the games I dun really remember. But there was this pool table set up for us to compete and play. I really wanted to play a game or so, but it was so dominated by males that I find no space and time for me to butt in. SHIT. is it really such a male game? None of the females at my table wanted to play. no way m I going to play with the guys. firstly, I dun even know any of them, and secondly, I'm not about to offer myself up to be trashed so unsightly so openly. I'm not stupid.
I guess that kinda sum it off for the DnD. oh ya, I won the 79th prize in the lucky draw. got my hopes too high. it was just a bloody Toshiba printed SIGG bottle and a Toshiba iron. Shitty. I was hoping for tat 'one night stay in Meritius Mandarin + $100 Taka voucher' or that '4 Days to HongKong Disneyland'. Even the 'air tix to Brisbane' would have been great. So much for my luck in draws. never that lucky. Drats.
Sat n Sun was my Church frens Pauline n Julius' wedding. Not Julius n Pauline but Pauline n Julius. yes. girls first.
Anyways, I dun have pictures to show (cos i dun have my camera) and so, i shall run thru the whole thing quickly.
Sat was the church wedding in the afternoon, me n the rest of the RCIA pple were doing the preparation n stuffs. I did reception again. but becoz of the after-effects from the DnD the night before, everything was a little fuzzy in my view.
The bride was beautiful and as Marc says unrecognisable. The groom looks the same except maybe more groomed and tidy. oh well, it's the bride's big day n not the groom's, so...
The dinner on sunday was at Le Meridian, and the food was pretty good. Cold dish, shark's fins, steamed garoupa and etc. Yum. I love the food at weddings. They showed the bride n groom's baby pics and also the whole negotiation process tat happened in the morning. Last I've heard, the groom n his men had a pretty hard time getting to the bride. Weeeee..... I can't wait for one of my close frens to get married and so I can participate in this freakin fun activity!! hohoho...
I'm so shagged now that I've written so much, since i started writing in the morning, saved, went for lunch and shopping and back to the office to complete the rest of the post. ok. that's it. probably disappear for some time b4 writing again. til the next big thing in my life happens. if not, i dun think u'll see me.
Ciao.
沒有留言:
張貼留言