
On a rare occasion which I am actually feeling good.
That is, just after watching the Wild Rice productions' "The Importance of Being Earnest".
Ash and I rushed to reach Bugis as early as possible, so we splurged on a cab ride which amounted to sixteen buckaroos. *GASP*
Quick dinner at Pasta Mania with mediocre linguine, and we attempted to get some liquids flushed down from cold storage in view of saving that little bit of money...
I wanted to get that cat litter plastic bag from Pet lovers, but Ash ushered me on to our destination. I wanted to clear my bladder before I embark on the play, and had wanted to force Ash into going to the restroom with me for some powder time, until the ushers for the play were announcing that the Tang Quartet were about to start playing...
Immediately I made a beeline for the entrance without even thinking about my poor bladders.
The Tang Quartet started the performance with some classical tunes which I had no idea of the name, but they had me engaged with the music. Then when they played one of my fave, Air Suite, I suddenly found myself sitting up and was totally enthralled.
The play actors were all standing around the Quartet when they were playing, and Ivan Heng in his own "Lady Brackwell" way, was distributing cucumber sandwiches to the people in front... I DID NOT GET ONE THOUGH.
Then the performance commenced...
It's interesting and fun, full of wicked humor, dances along prettily down the town streets of London, then ends off at the peaceful beauty of the countryside tea parties.
Initially, it started off with that pompous English aristocratic accent which the old English society used to favor (I imagined), and I couldn't really catch everything they were saying. so missed a joke or two there.
And when I finally caught on, I was thoroughly hooked.
not to go into details of the story and plot, so as not to spoil the viewing surprise of anyone who may be going for the play, I shall just give my verdict:
FAB. I LOVED IT!!
PS: Btw, did I mention that it was an all-male cast??
沒有留言:
張貼留言