星期二, 9月 29, 2009

Playing Hard to Get

I realised how important this is, and how bad I am at it...

Then after a talk with Jen, I realised, what happened in Ugly Truth is happening here.

What I was encouraged to do with this dude, is what Abby had been doing with her Mr Perfect.

Yes, Playing hard to get.

Why should one do the whole play hard to get?
Ans: to get the guy to want you.

So if this is what comes naturally to you, and you can always do it with such flair and style, go ahead.

But if u, like me, will squirm and shiver from nervous breakdown due to the sheer fear of failing the gameplay, my opinion: Forget it.
Cos if u persist, you are attempting to recreate this player who looks like you, but do not act like the real you.

Of cos, one day u may actually get the other person, with these moves. but, the person probably liked you for being that player you were, or for that challenge which you were then.

And back to reality, when u folks are officially together, then what?? you revert to your true self, and he/she feels cheated for what he/she realised they should be getting is not exactly what it seemed previously. And from there on, what happens next or in the near future, would inevitably be breaking-up.

So, in short, conclusion, what I hoped would be right, I agree with the theory that one shld always maintain being au natural and as oneself as possible. not some smooth operator who obviously ain't you.

沒有留言: