星期五, 5月 27, 2005

Think i'm only here for Angela...

All I Need it Love III

Yoz… Back for the 3rd chapter of All I need is Love.
It’s kind of weird for me, trying to weave tales of Jasmine and Marcus, being my name and my boyfriend’s. Don’t know what got me to start it in the first place. Anyways, got to finish up what I started. Hope you enjoy the story!

I woke up to a late sunny afternoon and stretched for a while. It was after some time that I realized that I had a guest in my bedroom. A familiar figure of a guy dressed in that familiar low-slung Bermudas, snoozing on my favorite loveseat, just a foot away from my bed.

I wanted to close the gap between us, walk over and touch that very face which had brought back memories of my past relationship with Marcus McIntyre. But fearing that I might wake him up, I settled for my decision to stay in bed and watch him sleep instead.

A bad mistake to reach for the glass of water beside my bed as it crashed onto the floor. The noise got him stirring and he snapped out from his sleep.

“What…” Marcus suddenly remembered where he was and why he was there as he turned sharply to look at me.
“Are you alright? You scared the daylights out of me!” He rushed over with that panicky look.

I couldn’t help but smile at him, assuring him that I was fine. Then I remembered what had happened, and what I had said to him before I fainted, and my face turned pink.
“Sorry for what had happened just now, I was just too caught up with feeling sorry for myself, and I totally mistook you for my ex-boyfriend. And sorry for the times, I avoided you so obviously, I just didn’t know what to think, seeing how physically alike you both are…”

Marcus’ face turned solemn as he sat by my bed. “I think I ought to tell you something about me, something that no one except my family knows. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with you or that McIntyre guy…”

He took in a deep breath and continued, “The truth is I don’t have any memories of my past before I was 16. My brother told me that I was lost when I was 5. It happened when my family had gone on a vacation, and dropped by a town for a rest, but unfortunately encountered a band of ruffians. The ruffians had known that my family was well off and had taken me for a ransom from my parents. My family was so frightened as I was only five and they didn’t know what the ruffians would do to me, hence their efforts in gathering the money for the ransom in the shortest time possible.”

“What happened with the ruffians I don’t know, but I have a faint memory of a young woman whom I think was one of the ruffians’ girls. She had known what was going to happen to me, regardless of whether my family paid up for the ransom, and she secretly led me away. I have no recollection of whatever happened after that, so I reckon I must have knocked my head onto something then.”

“And how I eventually caught up with my family, I’m not too sure about what exactly happened. But my brother had told me that I was found beaten up and sprawled on the ground, right in front of StrangeTown’s Police HQ, and my brother happened to be there to visit his good friend, the Police chief detective. He found me relatively familiar, as we had not seen each other for about ten years, and took me home to care for. And from there we realized that we are actually brothers by blood. My parents were dead by then, grieving their last years for me, and I would really give much to see them just once more. Well, at least I found my brother and the rest of the relatives I had lost when I was five.

“What I really want to do now is to find out what happened to me between the times when I was five to fifteen. One clue was that I have always remembered that I had to come to Sims State University to find something or someone, which I have no idea what. But now that I’m here, I know that the person I needed to find was you.” Marcus finished his story quietly and raised his eyes to look at me.

I was shocked. Here I was, trying to convince myself that the he could not have been Marcus McIntyre, and then he tells a story, which had linked him to the appearance and disappearance of Marcus McIntyre in my life!

I didn’t realize that I was crying until a teardrop had rolled down my cheek and fallen onto my right hand. “ Why do things have to happen like this?” I covered my face with my hands.

Then I heard Marcus in a most gentle voice, “Please don’t be too sad. Everything will fall into place soon.” And I felt his arms around me, making me feel comforted and I suddenly have the notion that his shoulder can hold all of my troubles and me. My head fitted so well at the nape of his shoulder, and I feel my tension leaving me as I began to cry on his shoulder.

After some crying and his shoulder wet and sticky from my tears, I raised my head and looked at him into his eyes. The tenderness he looked back at me with was overwhelming and I found myself kissing him gently on his lips. He looked surprised when I drew back upon realizing what I had done.

I wanted to bury myself in the ground and be lost from the world. What is he going to think of me now that I fainted upon seeing him, raged at him, and kissed him, before we even became anything more than friends?! I was so embarrassed that I turned to leave. But he grabbed my hand and turned my face to his and kissed me. It felt so right to be here with him, held by him and kissing his lips…

Later that night, I made dinner for him and I told him what had happened in the past with Marcus McIntyre to see if he could remember any of it. He thought carefully while munching on the hamburger I made and said, “I think I’ll need to spend some time in your old house to see if I can recall anything from the past. Do you mind?”

My face paled upon hearing that, as I hadn’t forgotten that the “Queen” of the Tannery Mansion was still well and around. But Marcus has got to spend some time there!

“Alright. I’ll get you into the house. We’ll go back there after we graduate.” I resigned to my fate. Upon graduation I would have officially become an adult, and Edna wouldn’t have control over me then. Well, I could still move out even if I move back for a while right? So I was both anticipating yet not wishing for the arrival of the day we graduate.

The day finally arrived as we donned our graduation robes and hat, and celebrated our last days in Sims State University before returning home. There were parties and boozing and lots of streaking going on for those couple of days, and I really wished for time to remain at that moment, with all my friends and Marcus.

“We’ll be going back to the Tannery Mansion tomorrow. What’s with that glum face?” Marcus came from behind of me, when I was staring wistfully out of the window on the last night in college.

“That is what’s so frightening! I haven’t seen her for so long and I know she hadn’t changed her attitude the least bit. I’m afraid of being under her control once more.” I was close to tears as I remembered Edna sneering at me.

“Well, that’s the past and it’s going to stay there. This time round, it’s different and you know it. I’ll be with you still if it ever happens. I’ll protect you. I promise.”

It felt so warm to hear the words he said and I turned around. His chocolate-brown eyes gazed longingly at my lips, and instinctively, our lips met.

The entire night was spent inside my room as I gave my first time to this boy whom I knew I have loved since I was five.

The very next morning, I bid my college friends goodbye and brought Marcus back to Pleasantville once again to continue off where I had left behind. It’s been quite some years since I last saw her and I was terribly nervous about seeing her and her piercing sarcastism.

I brought Marcus back to the Tannery Mansion that night and Edna was lounging in the living room on the expensive couch that I assumed she had just bought. She didn’t even get up to let me in when I stood at the front door to ring the doorbell for such a long time. And now, when I came into the room she didn’t even flinch or look up at me.

It was only when I stood in front of her that she actually looked up at me irritably.
“What do you want brat? Finished your degree and feeling you can stand up to me now, am I right? Well, let me tell you. You’ll never beat me at my game. I’ve the experience and you’ve only got your stupid fancy degree.”

I knew it wasn’t going to be easy, and I took a deep breath. Better to be polite to her first.
“Aunt Edna, I would like to introduce you to my friend from college. He’ll be staying here for a while if you don’t mind.”

She stood up and smirked at me, “so, you’re bringing a guy home now? Finally, slut! And you think I’m the one who’s…” Her words trailed off, as she caught sight of Marcus leisurely strolling in, in his formals (I especially asked him to dress up to make an impression).

As I turned to look at her, her tanned face gradually turned a pale white, and her jaws dropped wide open.
And she screamed.

~End of Part 3~
What will happen in the next episode?
-Will Edna think that both Marcus are the same?
-Will She allow him to stay at the Tannery Mansion?
-Will Jasmine ever regain her freedom now that she’s an adult?
-Or will she continue to live under Edna’s reign in the Tannery Mansion?
Please stay tuned for the upcoming episode of All I Need Is Love 4!!

1 則留言:

Hua 提到...

Don't be Silly!!
*wave hands at ya wildly*
Woohoo!!
I'm here too ya know!!!
Update your blog more frequently!!