Hankering for a short holiday with Marc Boi in the June school holidays, along with so many students taking their deserved breaks.
Wat did i say? Yes, I said June School Holidays that are totally out of my league.
Indeed.
I covet it.
As much as i yearn for the Dec holidays. It is probably lost to me forever.. sigh. I wish i'm 18 and in poly again. haiz...
oh no... make it 12 where i can retake my PSLE and get into a good high school... n go JC.. n then Uni...
But I guess with different efforts, opens up different routes, brings u to different places, n yields different results. The last I saw of my primary school frens going into prestigious high schools, and most of them ended up in Universities. I guess it's kinda the norm for most pple my age. to go JC then Uni. either tt, or they walk my route, go poly n end up working earlier but of cos, it comes of a lower pay.
I have wondered many times of wat would have happened if i was to take the other path. Sure, one can still go to Uni after completing their studies in Poly. But take note, unless u can get real pple-wowing results, or as newly stated, with pple-wowing talents tat the university can tap into, if not, u better be born with a silver spoon in your mouth.
Why, u ask?
Well, cos the local Us are definitely not going for charity as in taking pple who did averagely in their poly modules. These pple (like me) will have to turn to distanced studying in local institutes or the OVERSEAS which everyone else wans to go.
Once again, I'll have to be a wet blanket n filter the rest of us(yes, me included) to the sad, miserable bunch who can't afford an overseas education on our own. Come on, don't tell me u trust the government to give each n everyone one of us the $$ to go overseas to study?! Naive.
Noo No.. We have to turn to the distanced learning in the local institutes which are not say bad, or anything. but again, the bad news, though u pay the same amount of $$, the recognised level of these distanced studying degrees compared to the degrees u get in local Unis are of different grades. Sad. But true.
Things could have been so much different. If i have learnt the values of the PAPER (certificates) earlier n studied as hard as i could have. Well, each to it's own i guess. I probably would have forgone this path which i was meant to take... HAha.. kidding. Up till now, I have no idea which I m more suited to take. Haiz. it happens.
OKOK. juz realised tt i have strayed too much from my original topic of travelling n oso, it's my time to leave the bloody ofice. shld really go soon. dun wanna work an extra hr right now.
too hungry... need food...
沒有留言:
張貼留言